We’ve come a long way since the early days of car seats and strollers and just when you think you’ve seen all the clever combinations possible, they invent the transformer of car seats… a car seat that can go from a car seat to a stroller in seconds! The Doona Car Seat Stroller is probably the most convenient car seat on the market, so let’s dive into the pros and cons so you can decide if it’s worth it.
PROS of the Doona Car Seat Stroller
1. It is the only car seat in the world with integrated wheels, so it easily unfolds and converts into a stroller.
2. The Doona Car Seat Stroller offers a safe, ergonomic design with three-layer side impact protection. Plus, the infant insert provides a near-flat ergonomic position making it ideal for newborns.
3. It doesn’t get much easier than the one-click installation and easy release.
4. This stroller and car seat duo is super convenient. You never have to move your sleeping baby from their car seat and transfer them into a stroller or carrier.
5. It eliminates the need for extra baby gear with its all-in-one travel system.
CONS of the Doona Car Seat Stroller
2. There is no storage compartment. Doona does sell an extra storage compartment separately that’s clicks in the back, but you have to remove it when you fold the wheels down.
3. It weighs nearly double what traditional car seats weigh. However, you really only need to lift the car seat in and out of the car and won’t be carrying it around since it converts into a stroller.
4. It only faces one direction. If you are looking for a convertible car seat, check out our favorites here.
5. This is a very hot item and can be hard to find in stock.
As for our opinion at Rookie Moms, the Doona is definitely worth it if you are an on the go family. The convenience is unmatched when it comes to easily getting in and out of the car and it’s really nice that you won’t ever have to carry a car seat around. Now that you know the pros and cons, does the Doona Car Seat Stroller sound like the right fit for you?
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Let’s talk about how the one-of-a-kind Doona Car Seat Stroller works. It conveniently has wheels that tuck in and fold back, then with a push of a button the wheels drop down and voilà! It becomes the stroller. The handle extends out as well to make it more comfortable for pushing.
Step 1: To unfold into a stroller, pull the latch under the seat with one hand while you hold it with the other hand. Make sure you edge the seat halfway out of the car first or it will startle the baby. Extend the handle for a more comfortable height. Use the red brake to stop, green to go.
Step 2: To collapse into a car seat, one leg pushes against the larger wheels while you pull the latch under the seat with the other hand, it gently folds down and your baby can stay asleep while you load it into the car.
Check out this video for an even better idea of how the Doona Car Seat Stroller works!
IS IT WORTH IT?
The Doona Car Seat Stroller is the ultimate way to get around with your baby with no fuss. It’s great for traveling and for the mom who is a minimalist when it comes to baby gear. It is also a great option if you have a small car or simply need trunk space!
About the Author
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can a baby stay in a Doona car seat?
The Doona can be used for infants that are 4-35 lbs and up to 32″. This means, in most cases, the car seat can be used until about 12 months of age.
Can you use Doona as a stroller?
Yes, the Doona is a car seat and stroller in one. You can convert easily back and forth between the two.
Is the Doona stroller suitable for newborns?
Yes, the Doona Stroller is suitable for newborns weighing 4 lbs and up. It even has an infant insert that can be used to provide extra comfort for newborns.
Pin for Later!
You May Also Like: